CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

a poetic comparison

This was from a card i received last October 14, 1996

i love the way you love me
the ways you care
i love the way you look at me and smile

i love your understanding
the way you say my name when we embrace
and the way you tell me you love me

i love the way you laugh with me
and want me near
the way you share your thoughts and hopes with me

i love the way you think of us as one

i love the way you love me
and the way i love you.

And this is a poem i wrote recently for someone else

i love the way you look
i love the way you look at me
even if its just in my head

i love the way i look at you
i love to look, even if you're a sight that breaks my heart

i love the way you laugh
i love the way you make me laugh
even if the joke's on me

i love the way you are so sweet
i love your sweetness
even if it's not meant for me

i love the way i know you
i love your name
even if it's the only thing i know about you

i love the way you know me
i love the mystery of being unknown

i love the way your presence makes me shiver and sweat
i love it... even if i'm scared

i love the way i love you
i love you
even if it hurts

i love thee
through sobs and tears i have counted the ways
but so much more will i love the day
the day when you say

you love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home