CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

super friends

I was working today in Ayala Center. There was a Justige League Show. The show took about 15 minutes. Rip off? :) hehe If you're meticulous about it, maybe. But the kids went nuts in those 15 minutes so i guess it was okay. Amazing who you meet during surveys like these. Aside from the Super Friends - who were very much inactive by the way (they just did a very short action sequence - there wasn't even a story! and waved at all the screaming kids), the different personalities i get to interview is everything from entertaining and talkative to aloof and downright rude.

It just dawned on me that I have been working here for the past 6 years. I have grown in this field. I don't even have to look at the questionnaire when I do the interview. I'm getting old. :) I don't care, it's all about the money. hahaha

I'm not fond of the Super Friends. They're superheroes who are friends. Not much relationship issues going there (maybe egoistic but otherwise), mostly saving the world business.

Friends are a plethora of people, from entertaining ad talkative to aloof and downright rude. But that's okay. Now why is that? When a lover (boy/girl friend) or even a family member is mean, more often than not - multiple conflicts arise and problems usually come from it. But if a friend is known to be mean, it's okay. It's accepted. I don't know if this is a widely-accepted belief, but in my case it rings true.

I have come to be fond of people - whether good or bad (as defined by societal standards). And it doesn't really matter. It's pretty much a given that when you befriend a person, then you accept the person - even if she's bitchy as hell.

Maybe the way we evaluate people in different relationships are different too, and in my personal case, my friends are on a more lenient scale compared to all others. What's fun about friends is that there are no obligations - or so i define it. Unlike intimate relationships where there occurs mutual responsibility/ commitment and stuff like that; and family which necessitates the same, friendship is just there when it's there. I guess that's the greatest test of friendship. It's having attachment without obligation. It's knowing each other and not caring if that is the way the person is, just that there is something among you that brings you together. There needs no "what-do-we-do-next" or "what-are-we-now" conversations, no obligations to help each other, just the volition to do so which is consequent of who we are to each other.

That is a Super Friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home