CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

state of emergency

The Philippines as of 1100 hours yesterday, February 24 (well actually that's when I found out) is in a state of emergency. I'm not one who avidly follows the political status of our country, because honestly I don't care so much. I'm too busy trying to scrape a living for myself and my daughter to pay attention to things like this (as do a majority of the Philippine population as it is).

Although I do admit that I may be wrong at not caring, because it can and will affect however quiet and oblivious to politics I would like to live my life. When I found out about it, I looked around and realized at that point that half the country's population do not know what just happened, why this just happened, and might not even give a care in the world.

Wikipedia defines State of Emergency as a government's declaration that
  • may suspend certain normal functions of government
  • may work to alert citizens to alter normal behaviors
  • may order government agencies to implement emergency preparedness plans
  • may also be used as a rationale to suspend civil liberties
As defined above, the country is but one step short of Martial Law (yet again).

Good luck to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home