CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

belated happy birthday to me

Feb. 18, 2006 -- 11:06pm

I just turned 25 this month. I can't believe I was too busy to even write about that. Not that there is anything to write about. Let's see... I went to work, went to lunch, picked up my daughter from school, went out with her, bought dinner for the apartment, went home... Very uneventful I would say.

Had to work through Valentine's day as well. Not that there's anything to write about THAT either. Correction - worked through Valentine's day AND night. It's been mostly that really - days AND nights of work and work and more work.

Not to say that I don't like my job, I'm pretty lucky actually. I get to work with the most amazing people (or what's left of them) at the same time doing something that I like. And for this reason, I will probably continue to work my ass off here until such time I burn out or the company does (whichever comes first).

I handle online customer acquisition for a publishing services company. It just blew up though to include that clause in a contract that says "Responsibilities include functions stated below not limited to or excluding..." blah blah blah which pretty much means that above and beyond everything you were hired to do, you have to do whatever the boss says.

So right now, I'm the "AND" in the Sales and Marketing department - in the middle of marketing and sales - literally, working out marketing strategies and at the same time dabbling into sales to make sure there's enough ROI to go around and pay for marketing. See my dilemma here? However it does make sense from a business point of view.

I'm in no position to complain though, there are a lot of people who are unemployed, and others who detest what they do or the people they work with. Our office may not have decent walls or floor tiles or even ventilation... but all in all I think we're okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home