CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

what's the point

what point is there in trying to save a relationship that is doomed to failure
what point is there in trying to pursue an affair that is defined by restriction

what point is there in trying so hard to stay together
what point is there in trying so hard to make him feel loved

what point is there in trying
what point is there in loving

there is no point
how can there be?

when he can't look passed himself to where i am
when he can't understand where i stand my ground

when he is overwhelmed by my reality
when he is unaccustomed to the sacrifices i must make

when he does not see why i must
when he does not comprehend why i should

because he can't look passed himself to where i am
when he can't understand where i stand my ground

because my world is far different from his
because he wants me to dwell in his world
he wants me to be in his reality

where i bend to his gravity
where i breathe his air

where i can be but only alone
where i cannot be because i am alone

alone in a dry dessert
where i am but a handful of sand

alone in a deep chasm
where i am but an arm in the darkness

pointless
aimless
except for an infant's cries
which holds me
and keeps me
as many a traveller goes by

what point is there in keeping a conversation going
what point is there in reviving a spark

what point is there in hearing he loves me
what point is there in hearing when his actions are contrary

what point is there in trying to understand
why try anymore than i already have

i have shed my tears
i have stolen time
i have denied my daughter
too many times

and for what?
the love of a man?
the call of obligation?

i have been broken and hurt
i have been happy and glad
i am done with it all

what point is there in trying anymore
what point is there in hoping
what point is there...

there is none
none that i know of
none that i can see

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home