CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

One Day @ A Time

When we started out, I was doubtful
I was damaged goods and you played the field
I didn't think we'd last any longer than we did

So I took it one day at a time
Thinking this will most likely be as good as it gets for me
And so one day at a time was good enough for me

Fast forward to now...
It seems to have worked as from one day to another
Suddenly three years worth of one days have passed
But how foolish of me to think it would last longer than that

Fact is you're still a bachelor at heart and I'm still damaged goods
The same people from the start
How foolish of me to think that there could be more
When all this time you were itching to get out the door

I didn't think we'd last any longer than we did

But I hoped...

I wished

I prayed

Thinking this will most likely be as good as it gets for me
But suddently one day at a time was no longer enough for me

And so one day at a time...

We stopped speaking

We stopped laughing

We just stopped

I'm still damaged goods and you're still a bachelor
Taking it one day at a time, only this time without each other

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home