CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

obituary for my butterflies

I am saying goodbye to my butterflies. They are a pair of well-loved one-inch heeled khaki leather sandals which i have worn the past 5 months. It is just so sad that they have rotted away, with no more chance of being repaired (as the girl from Mr. Quickie told me).

I fell in love with them the first time i saw them. I was going to buy a cheaper simpler pair of sandals but having glimpsed them from the corner of my eye. I decided to buy them. I don't get new stuff often anyway. They weren't that expensive. Although for me that is a very relative term - expensive. Is 600 expensive? For me it is. For a pair of sandals that is somewhat expensive already considering there are 99-peso or 199-peso sandals out there. Call me stingy but i prefer practicality over fashion -- except in this case of course.

I am not much of a butterfly person. and i am not much of a girly-girly girl. but for some reason i was drawn to those sandals, so much so that i wanted to wear them home after i bought them, as if i were an excited 2-year-old who just bought a pair of pink barbie shoes!

I was so sad when i felt them deteriorate beneath my feet. The weather was the culprit. The unpredictable showers, the inevitable floods and puddles (caused by the skies above and sometimes my daughter when she puts on my sandals and forgets to run to the toilet when she has to do a number 1). But oh well...

I guess its time to move on. To purchase a new pair of sandals. A chore which i have not yet done. I think i'm still mourning the loss of my butterflies - as dramatic as that may sound. But i can't seem to find a pretty pair right now even if i tried looking around. Haaaaaaay....

For the moment i'm stuck with wearing shoes. Of which i only have 2. Gosh i feel so impoverished! Sometimes i think maybe i'm just really picky or maybe i'm just really cheap! hehehe

So goodbye my butterflies - my beautiful irrepairable butterfly sandals. It was a pleasure looking at you, wearing you, and knowing that i had a pair. (charing!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home