CAVEAT LECTOR

Read at your own risk. This blogger is not responsible for making sense.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

my everything

the path was steep
the way was hard
the stars all seemed too far
i closed my eyes
so i couldn't see
what i was missing
... beyond my reach

as i held on
held on to a hand
a hand i didn't even know how to hold
but still... i held on

and in the face of fame
i chose anonimity
in the face of riches
i chose poverty
in the face of love
i chose loneliness
i turned my back
... in the face of success

no one could fathom the doors that i've closed
yet no one sees what my heart knows

i find my riches in her hugs
i have my fame in her eyes
when she holds my hand
... i know my purpose
her touch, her smile
... is comfort enough

i have not lost a thing
coz in my arms...
i have her
i have
... my everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home